Herpes and cold sores are contagious viral infections caused due to various reasons such as kissing, saliva exchange and sexual contact with unknown individual, sharing of personal items causes the presence of herpes simplex virus to enter into the body through moist skin pores. Generic valtrex also known as valacyclovir hcl is used for treating genital herpes and also cold sores appearing on the face, lips, nose and neck. In small children and infants cold sores are seen in case of mother transmitting the infection to the baby and in kids due to kissing from adults having herpes. Generally herpes cannot be cured completely therefore it is recommended to use valtrex through out to keep out of the repeated outbreaks. The symptoms of herpes and cold sores are unpleasant and brutal hence an immediate medical attention is a must to subside the unpleasant sores to prevent its transmission. Generally the symptoms appear very soon or between within 2 weeks of exposure from the virus.
The herpes simplex virus enters through moist skin pores specially and roots itself strongly deep into the nerve cells and replicates itself to spread the infections. The symptoms are identified with following signs:
- * Sometimes mild symptoms may appear such as fever, head ache, lowered immunity system, body and back pain (these symptoms may or may not appear).
- * Swelling and redness on the skin before watery sores are developed.
- * Intense burning, stinging and pain on the watery sores appearing on the skin.
- * In the later stages the sores begin to cause extreme itching and become red, tender and painful.
- * After the painful phase they form dry flakes and fall off and trigger off again in a few days.
Generic valtrex is used for cold sore treatment and treating both types of herpes that is HSV-1 and HSV-2. Valcivir is highly recommended for herpes because it’s extremely effective in preventing recurrence of the infections and stops its repeated outbreaks. Valacyclovir has a unique process of working in preventing the herpes simplex virus in spreading the infections and causing an outbreak.